StatCrunch logo (home)

StatCrunch ID:
msullivan13803
Occupation:
instructor
Organization:
JOLIET JUNIOR COLLEGE
Public profile for msullivan13803
 
Shared data sets   |   Shared results   |   Shared reports

Showing 1 to 49 of 49 data sets
Data Set/Description Owner Last edited Size Views
CEO Pay versus Performance
Annual CEO pay and stock rate of return for 12 months. Source: Wall Street Journal
msullivan13803Dec 10, 201815KB8
Home Run Exit Velocity 2018
Exit velocity (in mph) of all home runs hit during the 2018 baseball season.
msullivan13803Nov 20, 201830KB6
Student Loan Default Rate
Student loan default rate of students at all colleges and universities in the United States for the Fiscal Year 2015. Source: United States Department of Education
msullivan13803Nov 20, 201819KB4
Wait Time at Dinosaur Ride in Animal Kingdom
Wait time at Dinosaur Ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom (in minutes). Source: touringplans.com
msullivan13803Nov 13, 201812KB138
Responses to Decision Making Survey
RiskAverse Question: Among the following choices, which would you prefer? A) A sure gain of $3000 B) An 80% chance of a sure gain of $4000 and a 20% chance of winning $0. RiskSeek Question: Among the following choices, which would you prefer? A) A sure loss of $3000 B) An 80% chance of a sure loss of $4000 and a 20% chance of losing $0.
msullivan13803Sep 21, 201812KB11
Wait Times at Disney
Disney World Ride Wait Time Datasets, TouringPlans.com, Sept 2018 https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar#DataSets Wait Time (in minutes) for Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain from Jan 2012 thru Aug 2018
msullivan13803Sep 7, 201868KB802
Galton Data
The table below gives data based on the famous 1885 study of Francis Galton exploring the relationship between the heights of adult children and the heights of their parents. Each case is an adult child, and the variables are Family: The family that the child belongs to, labeled from 1 to 204 and 136A Father: The father's height, in inches Mother: The mother's height, in inches Gender: The gender of the child, male (M) or female (F) Height: The height of the child, in inches Kids: The number of kids in the family of the child
msullivan13803Jun 12, 201816KB238
HomeRuns2017
Data from espn's Hit Tracker. http://www.hittrackeronline.com/
msullivan13803Nov 4, 2017578KB364
Age of MVP Award for NBA and NHL
Age of most valuable player award for players in the NBA and NHL. The NBA award is from 1955 to 2017; the NHL award is from 1923 to 2017.
msullivan13803Oct 12, 2017679B62
College ROI
Source: https://www.payscale.com/college-roi
msullivan13803Oct 4, 2017132KB13
Chicago_Salary
This data is from the City of Chicago data portal at https://data.cityofchicago.org/Administration-Finance/Current-Employee-Names-Salaries-and-Position-Title/xzkq-xp2w The data is the department of every employee along with the employee's annual salary.
msullivan13803Sep 7, 2017352KB65
Payscale_ROI_2017
Return on Investment for a four year degree from all college and universities in the country in 2017. Source: Payscale.com
msullivan13803Sep 6, 2017135KB129
Words in Presidential Inaugural Address
Source: www.presidency.ucsb.edu/inaugurals.php
msullivan13803May 30, 20172KB13
Rio_2016_Olympics_Athletesmsullivan13803May 17, 20171MB26
Rio 2016 Olympics Athletesmsullivan13803May 17, 2017798KB21
Title_IV_Default_Rate
Name Institution's Name State State Abbreviation Program Length The length of the longest program offered by the institution: 0—Short-Term (300–599 hours) 1—Graduate/Professional (≥ 300 hours) 2—Non-Degree (600–899 hours) 3—Non-Degree 1 Year (900–1799 hours) 4—Non-Degree 2 Years (1800–2699 hours) 5—Associate's Degree 6—Bachelor's Degree 7—First Professional Degree 8—Master's Degree or Doctor's Degree 9—Professional Certification 10—Undergraduate (Previous Degree Required) 11—Non-Degree 3 Plus Years (≥ 2700 hours) 12—Two-Year Transfer Sch Type The code identifying the ownership control of the institution: 1—Public 2—Private, Nonprofit 3—Proprietary 5—Foreign public 6—Foreign private 7—Foreign For-Profit 2013_DRate 1 Official Cohort Default Rate for 2013 Year 2 Cohort Year 2012 Num 2 Number of Borrowers in Default for 2012 Denom 2 Number of Borrowers in Repay for 2012 DRate 2 Official Cohort Default Rate for 2012 Year 3 Cohort Year 2011 Num 3 Number of Borrowers in Default for 2011 | Denom 3 Number of Borrowers in Repay for 2011 DRate 3 Official Default Rate for 2011
msullivan13803May 4, 2017244KB65
Flint_Leadmsullivan13803Apr 28, 20172KB38
High School versus College GPAmsullivan13803Mar 22, 20175KB213
Loan Rates and FICO Score
Loan Rates, Term, and FICO score for all lending club loans.
msullivan13803Feb 3, 20171MB36
CollegeCompletion.csv
College Completion Data TABLE 1: cc_institution_details ------------------------------- unitid - Department of Education Unit ID number chronname - Institution name city - Institution city state - Institution state level - Level of institution (4-year, 2-year) control - Control of institution (Public, Private not-for-profit, Private for-profit) basic - Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching Basic Classification (2010 version) student_count - Total number of undergraduates in 2010 awards_per_value - Completions per 100 FTE undergraduate students (average 2011, 2012, and 2013) awards_per_state_value - Completions per 100 FTE undergraduate students, state and sector average awards_per_natl_value - Completions per 100 FTE undergraduate students, national sector average exp_award_value - Estimated educational spending (expenses related to instruction, research, public service, student services, academic support, institutional support, operations and maintenance) per academic award in 2013. Includes all certificates and degrees exp_award_state_value - Spending per completion, state and sector average exp_award_natl_value - Spending per completion, national sector average ft_pct - Percentage of undergraduates who attend full-time fte_value - total number of full-time equivalent undergraduates med_sat_value - Median estimated SAT value for incoming students med_sat_percentile - Institution's percent rank for median SAT value within sector aid_value - The average amount of student aid going to undergraduate recipients aid_percentile - Institution's percent rank for average amount of student aid going to undergraduate recipients within sector endow_value - End-of-year endowment value per full-time equivalent student endow_percentile - Institution's percent rank for endowment value per full-time equivalent student within sector grad_100_value - percentage of first-time, full-time, degree-seeking undergraduates who complete a degree or certificate program within 100 percent of expected time (bachelor's-seeking group at 4-year institutions) grad_100_percentile - Institution's percent rank for completers within 100 percent of normal time within sector grad_150_value - percentage of first-time, full-time, degree-seeking undergraduates who complete a degree or certificate program within 150 percent of expected time (bachelor's-seeking group at 4-year institutions) grad_150_percentile - Institution's percent rank for completers within 150 percent of normal time within sector pell_value - percentage of undergraduates receiving a Pell Grant pell_percentile - Institution's percent rank for undergraduate Pell recipients within sector retain_value - share of freshman students retained for a second year retain_percentile - Institution's percent rank for freshman retention percentage within sector ft_fac_value - Percentage of employees devoted to instruction, research or public service who are full-time and do not work for an associated medical school ft_fac_percentile - Institution's percent rank for full-time faculty share within sector vsa_year - Most recent year of Student Success and Progress Rate data available from the Voluntary System of Accountability vsa_grad_after4_first - First-time, full-time students who graduated from this institution within four years vsa_grad_elsewhere_after4_first - First-time, full-time students who graduated from another institution within four years vsa_enroll_after4_first - First-time, full-time students who are still enrolled at this institution after four years vsa_enroll_elsewhere_after4_first - First-time, full-time students who are enrolled at another institution after four years vsa_grad_after6_first - First-time, full-time students who graduated from this institution within six years vsa_grad_elsewhere_after6_first - First-time, full-time students who graduated from another institution within six years vsa_enroll_after6_first - First-time, full-time students who are still enrolled at this institution after six years vsa_enroll_elsewhere_after6_first - First-time, full-time students who are enrolled at another institution after six years vsa_grad_after4_transfer - Full-time transfer students who graduated from this institution within four years vsa_grad_elsewhere_after4_transfer - Full-time transfer students who graduated from another institution within four years vsa_enroll_after4_transfer - Full-time transfer students who are still enrolled at this institution after four years vsa_enroll_elsewhere_after4_transfer - Full-time transfer students who are enrolled at another institution after four years vsa_grad_after6_transfer - Full-time transfer students who graduated from this institution within six years vsa_grad_elsewhere_after6_transfer - Full-time transfer students who graduated from another institution within six years vsa_enroll_after6_transfer - Full-time transfer students who are still enrolled at this institution after six years vsa_enroll_elsewhere_after6_transfer - Full-time transfer students who are enrolled at another institution after six years counted_pct - share entering undergraduate class who were first-time, full-time, degree-seeking students, meaning that they generally would be part of a tracked cohort of potential graduates. The entering class of 2007 is displayed for 4-year institutions; 2010 for 2-year institutions.
msullivan13803Feb 3, 20172MB932
Educational Attainment, 2015msullivan13803Jan 17, 2017415B80
Home Runs 2016
Data on all home runs hit during the 2016 baseball season. If the home run flew uninterrupted all the way back to field level, the actual distance the ball traveled from home plate, in feet. If the ball's flight was interrupted before returning all the way down to field level (as is usually the case), the estimated distance the ball would have traveled if its flight had continued uninterrupted all the way down to field level. Horiz. Angle - the initial direction of the ball as it left the bat in degrees, where 45 degrees is straight down the right field line, 90 degrees is straight over second base and 135 degrees is straight down the left field line. Apex - the highest point reached by the ball in flight above field level, in feet. Three types of home runs: "Just Enough" or "JE", which means the ball cleared the fence by less than 10 vertical feet, OR that it landed less than one fence height past the fence. These are the ones that barely made it over the fence... - "No Doubt", or "ND", which means the ball cleared the fence by at least 20 vertical feet AND landed at least 50 feet past the fence. These are the really deep blasts... - "Plenty", or "PL", which is everything else. Source: http://www.hittrackeronline.com/index.php
msullivan13803Nov 18, 2016566KB891
Wait Times
This data represents simulated wait times (in seconds) at a drive through. Treat the data as population data.
msullivan13803Nov 10, 201650KB35
Daily Percentage Change in S&P500
Daily percentage change in the S&P500 from 11/7/2000 through 11/3/2016
msullivan13803Nov 4, 201667KB36
Simulated Chuck-a-Luck Gamemsullivan13803Sep 30, 201623KB53
PayScale ROI and Grad Rate of Colleges
Gives the annual return on investment of a degree from the school and Graduation Rate of the school.
msullivan13803Sep 4, 201698KB89
Wendys vs McDonalds
Fictional data showing wait times (in minutes) at Wendy's and McDonald's. Useful for demonstrating need for measures of dispersion.
msullivan13803Sep 4, 2016308B170
Final Exam Score
This file represents simulated final exam scores for an Intermediate Algebra course. Treat the data as population data.
msullivan13803Jul 11, 201671KB62
Home_Runs_2015.txtmsullivan13803Jul 7, 2016482KB42
Home Runs 2015 traditional
Data on all home runs hit during the 2015 baseball season. Excludes "inside the park" home runs. True Dist. (True Distance, a.k.a. Actual Distance) - If the home run flew uninterrupted all the way back to field level, the actual distance the ball traveled from home plate, in feet. If the ball's flight was interrupted before returning all the way down to field level (as is usually the case), the estimated distance the ball would have traveled if its flight had continued uninterrupted all the way down to field level. Horiz. Angle - the initial direction of the ball as it left the bat in degrees, where 45 degrees is straight down the right field line, 90 degrees is straight over second base and 135 degrees is straight down the left field line. Apex - the highest point reached by the ball in flight above field level, in feet. Source: http://www.hittrackeronline.com/index.php
msullivan13803Jul 7, 2016482KB668
3_1_35.csv
This data represent the blood alcohol concentration (BAC), in percent, of a random sample of drivers involved in a fatal car accident. A BAC of 0 indicates that no alcohol was present.
msullivan13803Jan 25, 2016504B67
14_cr
Weight of player in pounds; 40 YD is the time (in seconds) in 40 yard dash; Vertical (vertical jump in inches); Bench - number of times player can bench press 225 pounds Shuttle - time (in seconds) in the shuttle run; Cone - Time (in seconds) in the 3 cone drill; 20 YD - time (in seconds) for 20 yard dash.
msullivan13803Apr 20, 20158KB26
2014 Pitching Stats
ERA: Earned Run Average K/BB: Strikeout to walk ratio K/9: Strikeouts Per Nine innings P/PA: Pitches Per Plate Appearance P/IP: Pitches Per Inning W%: Winning Percentage GB: Ground Balls FB: Fly Balls G/F: Ground Ball to Fly Ball Ratio RS: Run Support Average (per start) WHIP: Walks and Hits Per Innings Pitched
msullivan13803Apr 16, 20157KB253
Summary of all Home Runs Hit During the 2014 Season
Source: http://www.hittrackeronline.com/index.php
msullivan13803Feb 19, 2015411KB203
tornado
This is the width (in yards) and the length (in miles) of a random sample of tornadoes in Oklahoma.
msullivan13803Feb 6, 2015679B965
Fumbles
Number of plays per fumble from 2010 - 2014 seasons. Dome is an indicator variable - whether the team's home field is in a dome or not.
msullivan13803Jan 25, 2015910B93
nfl
This data represents the players invited to the NFL combine in 2014.
msullivan13803Dec 15, 201420KB53
Earthquake
This represents the depth (in km) and magnitude of all earthquakes worldwide from 12/2/2014 thru 12/9/2014.
msullivan13803Dec 9, 201413KB87
TaxRatemsullivan13803Dec 9, 2014793B26
Distance Covered in World Cupmsullivan13803Aug 18, 201425KB532
Predicting_Intelligence
The following explains the variables in the data: sex: Gender of the individual in the photo age: Age of the individual in the photo perceived intelligence (ALL): Mean z-score of the perceived intelligence of all 160 raters perceived intelligence (WOMEN): Mean z-score of the perceived intelligence of the female raters perceived intelligence (MEN): Mean z-score of the perceived intelligence of the male raters attractiveness (ALL): Mean z-score of the attractiveness rating of all160 raters attractiveness (MEN): Mean z-score of the attractiveness rating of the male raters attractiveness (WOMEN): Mean z-score of the attractiveness rating of the female raters IQ: Intelligence quotient based on the Czech version of Intelligence Structure Test
msullivan13803Jul 14, 20145KB1159
Qualified Pitchers 2013 Season
Data on all qualified pitchers for the 2013 season.
msullivan13803Oct 20, 20137KB66
Responses to Sullivan Statistics Surveymsullivan13803Sep 11, 201331KB3812
SUV Datamsullivan13803Jun 4, 2013391B378
Price per Square Foot Alaska
This data represents the price per square foot of homes recently sold in Juneau, Alaska.
msullivan13803Nov 7, 201264B56
Student t versus z
This is a 1000 random samples from N(100,15) along with z and t where z = (xbar - 100)/(15/sqrt(10)) and t = (xbar - 100)/(s/sqrt(15)). Draw a histogram of each to see how not knowing the population standard deviation affects the distribution of z versus t. Use it to motivate the need for Student's t-distribution.
msullivan13803Nov 5, 2012164KB109
Wart Datamsullivan13803Oct 13, 2011678B148
Bootstrapmsullivan13803Aug 13, 2010445KB80
Responses to First Day of Class Survey
First day of class survey results for Sullivan's Intro Stat Class.
msullivan13803Sep 29, 20094KB229

 

Always Learning