StatCrunch logo (home)

Report Properties
Thumbnail:

from Flickr
Owner: avanevad
Created: Nov 16, 2019
Share: yes
Views: 65
Tags:
 
Results in this report
 
Data sets in this report
 
Need help?
To copy selected text, right click to Copy or choose the Copy option under your browser's Edit menu. Text copied in this manner can be pasted directly into most documents with formatting maintained.
To copy selected graphs, right click on the graph to Copy. When pasting into a document, make sure to paste the graph content rather than a link to the graph. For example, to paste in MS Word choose Edit > Paste Special, and select the Device Independent Bitmap option.
You can now also Mail results and reports. The email may contain a simple link to the StatCrunch site or the complete output with data and graphics attached. In addition to being a great way to deliver output to someone else, this is also a great way to save your own hard copy. To try it out, simply click on the Mail link.
Phase 1: Self Driving Cars (Gillian, Ava, Sierra)
Mail   Print   Twitter   Facebook

Phase 1: Self Driving Cars


Introduction:


The purpose of this study is to explore Flagler College student’s thoughts on self driving cars. The report will detail students opinions by collecting data on topics including: gender, age, whether they would rather be a passenger or driver, the type of vehicle the student owns, and if they believe accidents will increase or decrease. 


Data Collection:


The first phase of the project displays the detailed data which was collected from the sampled population. In this report, the sample data will be the one hundred fifty Flagler College students surveyed in MAT 223 Statistics class. The data may include sample bias as it is only sampled from a small portion of the entire population of Flagler College. 



Questions: 



#20 - Flagler College Students and Self-driving Cars

  1. What gender do you identify with?

  2. How old are you?

  3. Did you grow up in an urban or rural location?

  4. What type of vehicle do you drive?

  5. Approximately how many miles do you drive in a typical weekday?

  6. Do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger?

  7. Do you think you would be comfortable riding in a self-driving car?

  8. If you a car had the option to either be controlled by the driver or self-driven, which type of control would you choice on the interstate?

  9.  In how many years do you think it will be before self-driving cars were the majority on the road?

  10.  Do you think accidents will increase, decrease, or stay the same when self-driving cars dominate the road?


Gender

Out of 150 students surveyed from MAT 223, 108 of those students were female and the remaining 42 were male. The percentage of females is 72% and the percentage of males is 28%.


 




Age


The data for age is shown in the histogram below. The histogram is unimodal and right skewed. Therefore, the best form of measurement is median and IQR should be used. The median is 18 and the IQR is 2. Exactly 50% of the students are 18 years old. 


 



Age Summary: 


The age of summary shows the noteworthy points from this histogram. The mean is recorded as 19.01 and the median as 18. Q1 is 18, Q3 is 20, and the IQR is recorded at 2. 


 


Urban vs. Rural: 

 

The pie chart below displays if the student grew up in a rural or urban area. There are more recorded students from urban areas at 56.67% and less students from rural areas at 43.33%.

 

 

 

 

 

Type of Vehicle: 

 

The types of vehicles that students own are shown on the pie chart below. The two highest percentages recorded are car, 58.67% and none, 18.67%.

 

 

 

 

 

Number of Miles: 

The number of miles students drive in a typical weekday are displayed on the dot plot below. The data is multimodal and skewed right. The data shows that the median is 26.9 miles per week and the IQR is 34. 

 

 

 

 

Driver or Passenger: 

 

Thepie chart shown below records if students would rather be a passenger or driver in a car. 56.67% of students recorded that they would rather be the driver while the remaining 43.33% would rather be the passenger. 

 

 

 

Comfortable in Self Driving Car:

 

The pie chart recorded students feelings about being comfortable in a self driving car. The majority of the students at 64.67% responded no, they would not be comfortable. The remaining 35.33% of students said they would be comfortable in a self driving car. 

 

 

 

 

Interstate Driving 

 

The next pie chart displays if when students are driving on the interstate, they would rather drive manually or have the car have the ability to self drive. 63.33% of students responded that they would rather be in control of the car on the interstate. The other 36.67% said they would rather the car be self driving. 

 

 

 

 

Years Until Majority Self Driving Cars

 

The dotplot below shows how many years there will be before the majority of cars are self driving. The data is multimodal and skewed right. The median is 15 and the IQR is 20.

 

 

 

 

Accidents 

 

The pie chart below displays the results for if students believe accidents will decrease, stay the same, or increase. The results are close to equal for all three answers. 35.33% of students believe accidents will decrease, 36% of students think they will increase, and 28.67% believe that the amount of accidents will remain the same. 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 


 

 


Result 1: Gender of Students Surveyed   [Info]
Right click to copy

Result 2: Result 2 Age   [Info]
Right click to copy

Result 3: Age Summary Stats   [Info]

Summary statistics:


ColumnnMeanVarianceStd. dev.Std. err.MedianRangeMinMaxQ1Q3
Age15019.0133332.91257271.70662610.13934544181616321820

Result 4: Urban vs. Rural   [Info]
Right click to copy

Result 5: Type of Vehicle   [Info]
Right click to copy

Result 6: Number of Miles   [Info]
Right click to copy

Result 7: Number of Miles per Week   [Info]

Summary statistics:


ColumnnMeanVarianceStd. dev.Std. err.MedianRangeMinMaxQ1Q3
Number of Miles15026.8866671202.396534.6755892.83125151500150135

Result 8: Driver or Passanger   [Info]
Right click to copy

Result 9: Comfortable in Self Driving Car   [Info]
Right click to copy

Result 10: Interstate Driving   [Info]
Right click to copy

Result 11: Years Until Majority Self Driving Cars   [Info]
Right click to copy

Result 12: Summary Stats   [Info]

Summary statistics:


ColumnnMeanVarianceStd. dev.Std. err.MedianRangeMinMaxQ1Q3
Years until Majority Self - Driving15024.22517.555322.7498421.85751681510001001030

Result 13: Accidents   [Info]
Right click to copy

Data set 1. Section C - Ava, Sierra, and Gillian - Flagler Col   [Info]
To analyze this data, please sign in.

HTML link:
<A href="https://www.statcrunch.com/5.0/viewreport.php?reportid=91709">Phase 1: Self Driving Cars (Gillian, Ava, Sierra) </A>

Comments
Want to comment? Subscribe
Already a member? Sign in.

Always Learning